I found the hand easy enough to model but when it came to the elbow – everything went wrong. I found myself removing a lot of triangles and N-gons. Thankfully, I was able to repair the topology. To make the arm I used the extrude tool. My model is the blue one:
I used my own arm as a reference.
On the Friday Alec walked us through modelling the arm. His way was a lot simpler than the approach I took. A tip that I took away from the lecture was to not model in smooth mode.
This is the arm I modelled during the lecture:
Although I prefer modelling non-organic subjects, I do like the outcome of the organic ones more!
Playing around with a sleeve: